View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #8495
hankll
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coewar View Post
I have tried putting coals in the middle.. I actually made a smaller "fire basket" to put inside my larger one and I'd put the lit coals in it. But what I have found, is that the best way, is simply fill the big firebasket with un-lit coals, and just pour the lit coals on top, and just mix them around, all over the top. This creates a nice even burn without worrying about any of the coffee can stuff or whatever to focus on doing something special in the middle.

Ok, good to know.....I will try the top down minion method and forget the coffee can in the middle to start a minion from the center out. I kinda think it will stay lit better, going top down.

This was my first time to try this with my smoker and my smoker wasn't done. I still want to add the ball valve on a stand pipe at least half way up the side of the barrel. So temp control is an issue for me simply from a experience level.

I'll check around for the Stubbs, I don't recall seeing it in any stores I frequent. I'll do a search and see if I can see if any stores might be listed as carrying it in my area.
hankll is offline   Reply With Quote