View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #8485
coewar
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondini View Post
Hankll, if u can find STUBBS briquets try them with no lump. If you want a good hot fire go all lump with no briquets. There should be no reason to mix them. Drippings on the briqs should pose no problem. It sounds like u don't have temp control down yet. All holes except ball valve are for cource temp control and the valve is for fine control. I can dial in what ever temp I want with mine(and no diffuser)200,225,250,275,300,325,350,375,400,ect just like my kitchen oven.
Rondini... what is your exhaust looking like? Do you have a like a chimney pipe? or do you have some holes drilled in the lid? The good temp control depends on the right air flow. My UDS has three 3/4 inlets and I actually used to have 1 ball valve but I replaced that with 3 magnets so I can have all vents open like half way to let coals burn from all sides more. Temp control is good in mine but it depends on how I exhaust. I actually have multiple exhaust methods built into my UDS from the different variations I've put it through.
coewar is offline   Reply With Quote