BBQ Brethren "Summer Hors d'ouevres and Cocktails" Throwdown!

*time out...believe me, I understand it's all in good spirit and the rules are there for a reason...time in*

Wow, you are throwing yourself in the fire as well. Are you nuts? You had better bunker down with bigabyte in the PB and ride this out. Oops, did I just say that out loud?

*time out...believe me, I understand it's all in good spirit and the rules are there for a reason...time in*

Wow, you are throwing yourself in the fire as well. Are you nuts? You had better bunker down with bigabyte in the PB and ride this out. Oops, did I just say that out loud?

I will be standing behind bigabyte completely, so when we turn and run, I will be ahead of him. :shock:

CD

Really, Mr. Big, what goes on in a Bash should stay in a Bash. I really wasn't aware that we needed to register all our bash activities :icon_blush:. Surely there should be some modesty. As far as the cocktails go, Calimocho can hardly be considered a cocktail, since we had to pour that down the sink, nor really can potato chips :crazy:. When you consider there are two of us, that just leaves one cocktail apiece and at most two appetizers apiece, even if you don't include the garnish. :becky: That puts this entry well under the limit. :thumb:

I think the riot may be quelling now.

IMG_6202.jpg

Yes, things are definitely looking better.

IMG_6180.jpg

Note: The dog is NOT another tapas entry.

Leave it to a mathematician to bring division and fractionalize a TD entry and still consider it rational.:loco:

Ok, this is my appetizer... now that I have read the rules (we don't need not steenking rules!):

Stuffed mushrooms, with heirloom tomatoes, stuffing and cream cheese mixed up with some piment d'esplette and mozz on top, paired with the Smoked Tomato BBQ Bloody Mary.

6043832393_a7dd38514b_b.jpg

6043825959_d1fa759595_b.jpg

6042812506_0976b894c8_b.jpg

Um, can you put the drink and appetizer in one photo? I am not the rules guy, but I think you need one photo for the voting. Just trying to help.

CD

I threw together something quick tonight as I hadn't really planned on doing anything for this TD. Then the GF called me out on the fact that I smoked up a ton of salmon yesterday and I should be able to whip up something. So, for this TD I kept it fairly simple. I did some salmon stuffed peppers and just some good ole smoked salmon and brie on crackers. I didn't have a fancy Stella Artois glass so I had to make due. I will get a more descriptive post up tomorrow but hopefully the pictures will do for now.

DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0923.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

I thought that bloody Mary already included a smoked appetizer (tomato), or was itself an appetizer.

Love smoked salmon. Thanks, Brad. :hungry:

I'm figuring that it wasn't so much that ecode "helped", but that she was present to make sure nothing blew up. :p

I offer this up as a potential entry for Gore.

Fabulous work, Ryan! Unfortunately, I'm way past deadline to submit that and Chris would never let something like that slide. Of course now that I'm Brobdingnaging in size, it really shouldn't matter. :shock:

I thought that bloody Mary already included a smoked appetizer (tomato), or was itself an appetizer.

The martini could be said to be the same, with extra olives. :)

Honestly, if mine don't fit the rules, I'm ok with that. I had to do the drinks for something else, and I should have read the rules in the first place!

And I agree... the salmon looks great!

Back