View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 PM  
lionhrt
is one Smokin' Farker

Under the wire with my 3rd Throwdown. I desided for mine to go way back to when I was just starting out on my own when I was a cook at Denny`s. One of the few things that I would actually eat there was a sammich they called a Superbird it was basicly a turkey melt with bacon and 1000 island dressing as a dip. So for my entry the Brethren inspired Superduperbird.

I fired up the Bandera and loaded it up with a Tukey breast I brined overnight and seasoned with a rub I make myself and also some pig candy.

After the turkey was done I let it rest for almost an hour and let the coals burn down a bit more and prepped some tomatoes and avacados and the bread. I had to "sample" some of the turkey to make sure it would do and it had to be one of the most moist birds I have ever had.

next I grilled some sourdough bread with some Havarti cheese and the tomatoes, avacado and pig candy

This is the final product and instead of boring 1000 island for dipping I made some of my western sauce it is from my Honey chipolte bbq sauce with mayo and a little extra cayenne and chipolte

Enjoy I sure did Please use my last picture as my entry and thanks for looking.