Thread: UDS Chicken
View Single Post
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
tamadrummer
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Sry it too so long to get back to you.

You can inject with anything that floats your boat. I may mix up some italian dressing and inject it too. Sounds good to me.

As far flipping goes, I cook with the skin up for about 1.5h at 300 in the COS Brinkmann (COS = Cheap offset smoker) and I use 3 fist sized chunks of cherry wood for smoke. Very light flavored wood, you could do hickory but I would only use 2 pieces back to back not all at once. After 1.5h or if you think it is done sooner, flip to skin side and baste that side with the butter and lime/lemon juice or you can even paint some more italian dressing in there. Up to you.

BTW you can use other woods, like mesquite or whatever but be careful. Mesquite will really be super strong flavored, if you like heavy flavored smoke, use it otherwise stick to the fruit woods. Apple, pear, cherry etc....it takes a real effort with those woods to ruin meat by over smoking unlike with the hickory/mesquite.

All those flavors work really well together. You need to just have fun and relax. Smoking is slow fun cooking. Drink a cold beer or root beer (I don't really drink) and enjoy some good company and food.
tamadrummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->