View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
Pa_BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaQue View Post
I don't doubt what you're saying. But my question is, are people showing a desire for BBQ in general? You may have the best BBQ in the entire state, but if that's not what people in the area want to eat, you won't get any business, that's all.

Just because the only sandwhich around is cooked in oven doesn't mean that there is necessarily a demand for good BBQ, does it?

Just wondering if there was any marketing research done or analyzed before you took the plunge. In other words, how do you know there is a demand in the first place? Have you done catering gigs before to gauge a potential business market?

I'm glad you were able to do it relatively cheap to your cost.
The area recently put in an Applebees, Walmart, Lowes and Bob Evans. I am guessing they did some research before doing so.
Heck now days who knows what will work, but one think is for certain, if you don't try it the chance for success is 0%

Many drink or gamble more in a month than I have invested so not afraid to give it a try.