Thread: Sell It All?
View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I might try to bring some potential buyers in to let them meet your clients and see if there would be a rapport. That way you could maximize the value of the business rather than just selling off the equipment. That said, any potential buyers might already have an idea in place on how they would run the business and you could end up chasing them off.

I think that when we get into the catering business we tend to think we can do it better than the next guy, thus we make the jump. Later we realize that it isn’t as much fun as we had anticipated. Heck it’s a job and you can’t take a day off and when you are sick there is no money coming in.

Of course when you do it part time because you have another job, you find that you have no free time to relax. You always need to have time to recharge your batteries.

Without going too much off track, I might suggest you list it on Craigslist and see who bites. Remember that if you list it high, you can always lower your price but you can never raise your price. You might also try ebay with a set reserve.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote