View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
is One Chatty Farker
Join Date: 12-23-10
Location: Mount Pleasnt, SC

Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
We have talked about this before and I know about the bottling companies, ect. What I would like to know is (hopefully from someone who has done it) Assuming I already have a HD inspected kitchen and insurance, what is actually involve with getting set up to legally sell my bbq sauce and what would the initial investment be for fees and things like that.

I'm talking bottling our sauce say in 12oz bottles and selling from our concessions trailer locally and maybe at local festival and fairs and maybe retail it in a locally owned store or two. I'm guessing but probably 200 gallons worth per year or less. I have read that some of the labeling and fees do not have to be done unless you sell over XXX amounts but I don't know if it is true.
The best thing is to contact your local and/or state health department. If your plan is to only engage in intrastate commerce, the guidelines will be slightly different than if you were planning on crossing state lines.

Contact your local and state authorities for your specific regulations.
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote