View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #66
cdollar
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiko View Post
At the risk of further facing the wrath of the Brethren, I have to admit that I am just not a fan of rare beef either, for one simple reason: I don't like a cool center.
It's not the color, blood, taste, texture, it's just that I'm put off by having a nice crusty, warm exterior and then having something cool hit my palate. It throws me off, and I find that I just don't enjoy the meal as much.

It's weird because I don't mind rare Ahi tuna, which has the same crusty exterior but cool interior, but for some reason it just doesn't work for me with beef.

I cook my tri-tips and steaks to 135 or so, which after a rest will give me a warm pink. Sorry, but that's how I like it.
You don't have to apologize to anyone for your personal taste, because that's what it is, personal. Each person has the right to eat their food the way they like it, with no flak from someone else.
I like my steaks medium to medium rare, but if a guest asks for theirs to be cooked to the consistency of shoe leather, I'll do it. After all, if you're cooking for someone, shouldn't you want them to enjoy it?

I just don't get the "If you don't like it the way I do, you're wrong" thing, I guess.

Chuck
cdollar is offline   Reply With Quote