View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #9
rbinms33
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I never did post a followup regarding this class. It was a lot of fun and very worthwhile. Learned a lot, ate a lot and met some really nice folks. Whole lots of people with different backgrounds. Some were competition cookers, some were wanting to get into the competition side of things, some were husband/wife teams looking for a hobby and some just wanted to eat. One thing that was pretty cool is I got a copy of the KCBS Bullsheet. This is a pretty good little publication. Lots of neat stuff in there.

I still believe that these are the competitions that I'd like to do. I didn't get to go to that competition here in Memphis last weekend but I am planning on doing the Backyard thing in the competition in Ashland, MS or Pine Bluff, AR or maybe both of them. Bad thing is that they are back to back weekends so that might be tight. But I figure entering the backyard event will help me get my feet wet.

If anyone ever has the opportunity to go to one of these classes, I would highly recommend it. Lots to learn, lots of good people to meet and best of all, a lot of good food to eat.

Perfect Smoke BBQ Team
Pork Me Baby BBQ Team
Coldwater, MS (just south of Memphis)

KCBS CBJ #7595
NB Bandera Mod E
Custom Drum Smoker
18" Weber Smoky Mountain
Weber Kettle One Touch Silver
rbinms33 is offline   Reply With Quote