View Single Post
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
TWQQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I live in Taiwan, so the choce at Costco was between an ECB and a Kamodo. The Kamodo looked like a work of art, but with a price to match...Also, I'm new to the ways of the smoke, so I decided to start myself off with a Brinkmann Smoke'N Grill.

I haven't used it yet because I wanted to get some 'essential' mods done first...I put three holes in the lid with a switch/cover thing, a bunch on holes in the charcoal pan, and I got someone to weld some bars to hold a charcoal grate off the bottom of the pan. I guess my next mod will have to be a proper thermometer in the top...

I've seen a lot of people put the legs on the outside, so the charcoal pan can be accessed with ease, but if I do this do I need some bricks or something to hold the pan off the ground or will it still be able to sit in there? Is it an essential mod, or can I get by without it?

Also, does anyone have any other advice for a first timer using an ECB? I'm thinking of curing it this weekend, smoking some practice ribs, and then having a proper barbecue with friends next Friday! I'm excited!

What say you people?
TWQQ is offline   Reply With Quote