View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq.tom View Post
Please explain your scores. You obviously didn't like the chicken and ribs and weren't exactly crazy about the pork and beef - but WHY???
Mind you, we're talking about the appearance score, and ultimately it comes down to one simple factor, and that's how appetizing the entry is. To me, simply, the chicken particularly isn't appetizing at all. I dont mind the different sizes, kinda like different sizes and it looks like chicken rather than small red balls of love (small red balls dont look like chicken and to me aren't appetizing, because I've never seen a christmas ball ornament that I really have to take a bite of). However, the sauce seems glopped on there very inconsistent, and the colors are aweful. It looks.... dead. The bright red sauce, with bad yellowing skin color, then the blacker grilled area; not appetizing.

Largely same for ribs. Not appetizing at all. To me they look grilled rather than barbecued, but that's neither here to there, they're just REALLY not saying "come eat me".

I dont nano-pick at this or that, because things can have flecks of this or that, or have a smudge here or there, and to me it doesnt change the overall enticing nature. However, like in the brisket particularly, I happen to hate fat. It looks to me like the burnt ends have a little fat topping on them... Otherwise the brisket is ok. It has a nice sheen on it that appears natural and is appetizing, generally. The particularly black areas arent (as appetizing) and take away from it a little.

Last edited by Lake Dogs; 06-17-2011 at 01:42 PM..
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote