View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #3
bignburlyman
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well here goes, just my opinion.

Chicken: I like the layout other than the sliced breast overlapping the top left thigh. Nice full box, but the thighs don't have much color. They look a little like baked chicken with sauce on it. Score 7, possibly 8.

Ribs: First thing to catch my eye, and may just be the picture but on the left of the front 2 ribs it looks like a glob of fat. The face of the front rib looks like a smear of sauce on it. If you show the cut face I think you want to make sure it shows a clean cut. Score 7.

Pork: Again I like the layout, but the pork looks very dry, no shine. The chunks on the upper right look tasty, but they look like they could have been a little bigger to fill that corner better. Score 7, maybe 8 at table.

Brisket: Slices look moist but it looks like they lost some bark in the middle. The fifth slice back on the left end looks like a chunk of fat, may just be the picture. Some judges would probably dink you for that, I don't mind a little brisket fat on the slices myself. The burnt end look like they were just tossed in as an afterthought, I think put a few more in and place them tighter together would help. Score 7 or 8.
CBJ & CTC #5112
Kansas Winter Q BBQ Committee

Traeger Texas 075
ECB (retired)
bignburlyman is offline   Reply With Quote