View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #108
OakPit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybomb View Post
How do you want to define low grade? Brisket, butt, and to a degree ribs are all tough fatty cuts of meat that need to be cooked right but to me I don't think they're "worse" than other cuts on the animal. And then we go to the flip side and people go nuts for beef tenderloin which I think is very bland.

Now that said in general I find that I get bored of well done beef roasts like brisket or chuck far sooner than I do pulled pork.
Soy, I meant "low grade" in terms of general quality of meat structure and inherent flavor profiles compared to other cuts on a cow. I couldn't agree more about roast beef that has been miserably overcooked. Tenderloin gets high points for tenderness, but nearly a zero on flavor. I agree with you.

When one compares pork, shoulders and ribs, they are not "low grade" their inherent flavor and meat structure are desirable. They are made even more attractive by their ability be easily prepared and cooked.

I completely realize that my personal definition of "Low Grade" anything is completely subjective, and I certainly would not promote it as more.

Traditional Santa Maria Pit
Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE
Weber 22" OTS & 26" OTG & 18"WSM & WGA
[COLOR="Red"]Each wearing custom handles from Marty Leach[/COLOR]
OakPit is offline   Reply With Quote