View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'd hit that, bro!

I'm no expert, but I picked up a 6lb brisket from RD (day pass thanks to KCBS membership) last weekend and did it hot & fast at 350F for 3h 15min on the drum. Foiled at 165, picked it up and coolered at 195ish when the probe went in "like buttah". Stayed in the cooler for a few hours until dinner and then sliced. I thought it was amazing... and so did the wife which is all that matters . Of course the price would have been better if I had bought it by the case, but it worked out fine for me since I don't cater or do comps. Price was better than HEB at least.

I'll try the oven warmer next time, since it stayed in the cooler for 4hrs (not planned) and I was getting a little nervous about the internal temp.
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote