BBQ Brethren "Buffalo" Throwdown!

Nice cooking Red, oh and...

Guerry, take your MEDS!!!

The I Took My Meds Buffalo Roast

Well Alright! I wound up marinating the shoulder roast over night (well, two nights...) and decided to cook it at a low temp - 220 - and bringing the grill up to 300 to finish. I put it directly over the coals to sear at the end when the IT was 130. Cooked some taters with the roast (Mini Yukons coated in EVOO) and grilled some zukes and mini onions - also coated in EVOO but with cracked black pepper and Todd's Dirt. Sliced it thin - about 1/4 inch - at the end. It was farkin' good! Not as tender as the strip steaks of course, as expected since it was a shoulder, but I'm very glad I decided to treat it like a very thick steak and not a roast. Here's the pics.

Redhot bought these little onions just for me.

onions-4.jpg

taters-1.jpg

onthegrill-2.jpg

onionzuks.jpg

roast-1.jpg

sliced-5.jpg

Plated. Yum!

plated-2.jpg

Looks really nice Guerry, and love those zukes!

Took your advice on the reverse sear and rare end of medium rare so it's your fault.:-D
The zukes and onions were VERY flavorfull.

Took your advice on the reverse sear and rare end of medium rare so it's your fault.:-D
The zukes and onions were VERY flavorfull.

Hey Guerry, you forgot to mention that kickin' gravy you made with the left-over marinade!:confused:

Hey Guerry, you forgot to mention that kickin' gravy you made with the left-over marinade!:confused:

Forgot the marinade recipe too...
3/4 cup EVOO
6 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup wine vinegar
2 1/2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs mustard powder
1 tbs black pepper
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 tbs minced garlic

For the gravy
Reduced the marinade by boiling/simmering to about 1/2 and removed some of the oil at this point then added some heavy cream - just added while simmering til it looked and felt right.

Last edited:
Gotta do a roast now, that looks great deguerre! Perfect doneness:-D

Last edited:
Well, I thought that I would try this throwdown since I was fortunate enough to find a place just down the road a piece which had buffalo hanger steak 'in stock'. Marinated the steaks in some Guinness, soy, molasses, garlic & spices.

IMG_1975.jpg

Grilled it up, playing it be 'ear' as I have never prepared this cut before.

IMG_1991.jpg

Put some onions & green chiles on the grill...

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

Layered a ciabatta roll with the chile & onion, sliced hanger and it was getting close to a Dagwood!

IMG_2012.jpg

Pretty good eats!

IMG_2016.jpg

This one's a keeper!
Just in time too!

Back