SPECIAL -> BBQ Brethren "Top Gun, Gay/Not Gay, Navy Fighter Pilot Special Weapons School" Throwdown!

This throwdown and my husband gave me another excuse to make one of my favorite dishes, Bulgogi. I began with a large cut of "Top Gun" Sirloin. I put this in the freezer for about half an hour and then sliced it thinly

IMG_7538.jpg

I marinated this for about an hour

IMG_7545.jpg

Then grilled it hot at Mach speed on my Oval

IMG_7580.jpg

This is served on lettuce leaves decorated with pickled carrots, crushed peanuts, sliced green onions and I like apple slices on mine.

IMG_7584.jpg

Thanks for looking!

This is Lt. e "Red Rocket" code signing out!

Solid first entry!:thumb: (and that's not a gay reference)

The only thing I really know is that if I'm in battle and someone is shooting at me, I'm going to duck. So that's what I decided to cook. I started out with two boneless duck breasts. For those familiar with cooking duck, you know the hardest part is rendering the fat, so that you have a crisp outer shell. I did this by slicing some grooves deep into the fat.

IMG_7604.jpg

I seasoned with salt and pepper. Then I put these in a frying pan, fat side down and cooked on the lowest heat my side burner has for between 10 and 15 minutes.

IMG_7606.jpg

I finished these up on the grill, high heat with a chunk of oak to about medium rare (use this shot). I coated the top with maple syrup to help the finish.

IMG_7615.jpg

Unfortunately, I took the sliced cuts with my glasses off, but you can see the fat rendered very nicely.

IMG_7622.jpg

Lt. Gore "Rook," signing out.

T-Bones For A New Navy Seal

I would like to dedicate these Steaks to all our troops. I have a neighbor whose son is in the military and has just entered the Seals Boot Camp. Well this young man used to shovel my drive way when it snowed, mow my grass at times, clean my gutters out, I used to take him hunting and fishing and I don’t know who respects whom more... I him... or him me. He used to come over the house and eat with us all the time and this kid now grown man would devour him some steak.

So Here’s To You My Friend… I am proud of you as much as your crazy daddy.

IMG_0652-1.jpg

Wow, definitely going to try bomber style! :hungry:

A Top Gun Throwdown, and no Goose yet?

I find it interesting that a Throw Down that had been open for over three weeks managed to garner only four entries...

Back