View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #7
rbinms33
is One Chatty Farker

A buddy of mine had the same problem you did. Too many toys and not enough room in the garage. He was starting up his own catering business at the time and was going to get a mini-storage place and I jokingly made the suggestion, "too bad he's not into BBQ, you could just work off your rent". He went to the guy, made him a proposition to do a yearly picnic for him and his employees (he also had a car dealership) and now, after two years of this arrangement, everybody's happy.

As far as learning how to do competitions, I did Memphis in May competitions for several years but that was over 10 years ago. A lot of the stories I tell center around those days cause we were greener than a toad frog and learning all kinds of stuff. What people have said about the folks at competitions is true. You won't meet a finer bunch of people. I think I've figured out that I would rather do the KCBS competitions, though. That's one of the reason's I'm going to this Judging Class this Saturday. I want to learn a little bit more about how to compete KCBS style and I can't figure out a better way than to become a judge and then go to some competitions.

Perfect Smoke BBQ Team
Pork Me Baby BBQ Team
Coldwater, MS (just south of Memphis)

KCBS CBJ #7595
NB Bandera Mod E
Custom Drum Smoker
18" Weber Smoky Mountain
Weber Kettle One Touch Silver
rbinms33 is offline   Reply With Quote