View Single Post
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:45 PM  
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

This was one TD I really wanted to do. Never had fresh buffalo. I went down to PB to the Whole Foods store on PGA and sure 'nuff they had the critter in question They only had three cuts at that location, rib eye (22.99/lb), strip(22.99/lb) and a sirloin @ 12.99/lb. Talked to the dude at the counter, and his suggestion was the sirloin, knowing that I had never had buffalo before. Worked for me! Picked up an pound and threw it in the cooler and headed over to Gander Mountain for a look see.

Grilled HOT, I did not walk away from this steak for even a second! Brought it off rare.

I did not want to take away from the flavor of the steak, so it was seasoned with only salt, black pepper, and a hint of cayenne. I thought about doing a blue cheese thing or a mushroom thing over the meat but decided to throw those flavors on the side. This was a dang good steak! Great flavor, and although similar to beef, there was a very slight difference in flavor , not in any way a negative, just different. We liked it! Please use this pic and thanks for looking!

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->