Thread: i give up !
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #15
chachahut
Full Fledged Farker

OK - might be getting myself in trouble here with this but - why the HECK would you spend so much time controlling fire, meat, etc. & skip out on what really makes the Q - the seasoning & sauce. Sure - I guess if you want to make Plowboys' Q & not your own - that's your choice.

Me - I've spent years taking recipes from a variety of sources (Q books, internet, friends, cooking shows, etc) & made them my own. Granted - my goal was to cook for the public, but how can you actually call it "yours" if the rub & the sauce - essentially the building blocks of BBQ - are someone else's?

Seriously - make small quantities - do a quick Google search on basic BBQ rub (or basic brisket rub or basic pork rub, etc) & work from there. Same with sauces. Nothing against those who sell rubs & sauces (I do that as well) but if you're serious about Q you HAVE to get into your own rubs & sauces.

Backwoods Pro Jr.
Backwoods Competitor
busted Backwoods Fatboy
Weber 22.5 Kettle
some stainless wood fired thing

Last edited by chachahut; 05-23-2011 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: spelling
chachahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->