View Single Post
Unread 05-21-2011, 12:25 AM  
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

As I showed before, I did find some buffalo steaks at Balducci's. Our Whole Foods does not carry buffalo. Balducci's only had a few vacuum packed cuts. I grabbed the rib eye:

I think under any other circumstances I would not have picked it up. Unlike Redhot's strip steaks at $19.99/pound, Balducci's carried only half-pound steaks at the bargain-basement price of $33.98/pound. If it weren't for the throwdown, I would've gone right for the Wagyu, which was considerably less expensive actually. For lunch today, I seasoned this with some Foil Hat Rub, Lawry's and parsley.

I heated up the grill and cooked it hot and very fast:

Must say the flavor was quite nice. It was a bit tougher than a choice beef ribeye, but that was expected due to the leanness.

Overall, no complaints here. I'm glad I tried it, which is really the primary purpose of these throwdowns. Thanks Redhot!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->