View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #4
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I think it's very interesting and looks to be well built. I'm not sure if I'm feelin' pulling out the racks every time I want to tend to something in the cooker. Those racks are gonna be hot as chit, loaded with meat and heavy. If I still drank I know exactly how that would end up. It'd be nice to be able to pull them out and let them hang, but with that orientation I don't think that's really feasible - at least with my non-existent design abilities.

I could see it for specialized uses for someone who has a precise knowledge of what they're doing i.e. x amount of meat will definitely be done in x amount of time with no peeking. There would probably be a more pressurized environment inside the cooker, which is great.

I really do like the thinking and building going on there, just not sure about the rack situation. I'm also wondering if a split door would be something to try, but that would kinda go against the concept of a well sealed cooker. It'll be very interesting to see how she cooks. I'll echo colonel00 and say I too like the creativity and craftsmanship - thanks for posting & I look forward to more.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
Mayzie's keeping an eye out for you!
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote