I smoked my first whole packer this past Saturday, which lead to:
1) my first burnt ends; man those things made it worth the effort. Never had them before this and I am totally in love with them now.
2) I tried a spicier rub then I have done before which made the meal a whole new experience. Watch the video to see the recipe borrowed from DD&D.
YouTube - MoGridders dry rub and DavidLSI's first burnt ends...
3) more meat than the family could eat in one meal, which presented a problem I have not had before. It took more time than I would have liked to get it up to 140, like it was stalled in the 130's for a long time.
4) Quesodillas the second night
5) Tonight I made a beef barley soup which brings me to the reason for this post... Man on man does that smokey flavor make soup something special