View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #15
slowerlowerbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hey Brian,

I used your door prop mod on my 22" before I got the Stoker and worked great. I was going to try propping the door along with using the Stoker on my next cook to see if this works better. From what you're saying, it sounds like you were using the Guru with the door propped and your temps soarded? That's what I was concerned about.

Are you getting pretty consistent temps by propping the door and leaving the guru off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
I tried a couple hot n fast cooks using the Cajun Bandit expanded charcoal ring for the 22" WSM using BBKingsford and the BBQ Guru w/10cfm fan and the amount of charcoal was too much to keep consistant high temps. I could prop the door open and it would soar, but after closing it the temps would settle @ 275*.

Since then, I started using a smaller diameter expando or the ring from an 18" bullet and it works much better with the Guru for HH cooks.

On the flip side, I did the WSM door prop mod on the 18"&22" WSM's and the Cajun Bandit Stainless Steel replacemnet doors and turned all my bullets into Turbo Cookers-no need for the Guru or Stoker IMO.
KCBS
MABA
slowerlowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote