View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZILLA View Post
It's a bit salty to me and it also adds some "enhanced flavor".... Umami? and there is a condensed beef flavor to it as well. As cooks are starting to cook hotter they are needing to use the Phosphates in the injections to gain the edge in moisture retention. It also reduces the margin of error for all. So as the number of cooks in each competition that use moisture/flavor enhancers increases so does the need for you to use them too. The playing field needs to be level to have an opportunity to win. I don't want to throw away my money so I am forced to use them too. IMO
WOW!! Thanks Zilla. It makes a TON of sense now. Great info. Hopefully, some more of the Comp Cookers will chime in as well. Never even thought that cooking at hotter temps was a factor in the equation.

THANKS!

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote