BBQ Brethren "Farking Mess" Throwdown

Fark! Page two.

Oooey goodness cheeseyness and other stuff...

hotpocket-1.jpg

hotpocket2.jpg

And deguerre did it all whilst wearing one flip flop and one fuzzy house shoe (house shoe was on the wrong foot too). He did manage to create a beautiful disaster though, it was yummy and I got a huge laugh and didn't even have to pick him up off the floor. Too much beefeater perhaps?:shock:

I knew there was more ya farkin teaser!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. What the fark is that all about. I guess he was making a messy submission to go along with the theme. And Redhot, a very detailed description. I guess we should thank you for not posting pictures. :becky:

Thought I'd try my hand at an Italian beef sandwich Never had one, but always wanted one ...or two. Sooooo, here's what I did.
Took a 3.5 lb bottom round roast and dry rubbed it with salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, and red chili flakes.
fm1.jpg

fm2.jpg

Wrapped in cling, chilled for 5 hours( got busy:icon_blush:)
Sauteed a couple of onions, many cloves of garlic in olive oil, added a small bottle of Amstel (the real stuff), beef stock, Worcestershire, bay leaf and some pepperoncini. All that pored into a baking pan.

fm5.jpg

Placed the beef on a rack over the gravy and smoked on the UDS at 275.
fm6.jpg

Brought off at a IT of 135
fm3.jpg

Rested and wrapped in cling, fridged over night. Sliced with the first cup of AM coffee.
fm7.jpg

Yes we nibbled!
For lunch I put slices back into the gravy and simmered for 15 minutes or so. No boil!

fm8.jpg

I put together the sandwiches with Wickles, and some more peperoncinis on a Publix sub roll.
fm13.jpg

Please use this shot and thanks for looking.
I don't know if this meets the Chicago Italian beef sandwich standards, traditional and all, but it was dang good. By the force of my better half, I've been instructed to spare you the pics of my Chicago lean. (Norge repairman mod) But for clarification:
The Chicago Lean (a step-by-step guide)

1. Put your sandwich on the counter and stand in front of it, with your chest about 12 inches from the edge of the counter
  2. Lean forward so your chest is at a 45-degree angle to the counter (Note: if you’re wearing a tie, make sure it’s tucked inside your shirt)
  3. Pick up your sandwich, resting your elbows on the counter
  4. Angle the sandwich at a 45-degree angle to the counter, with the top end towards your mouth. (Imagine making a triangle: the counter is the bottom, your head and chest are one side, the sandwich is another)
  5. Eat and enjoy. For best results, keep the sandwich wrapped in the wax paper it most likely came in, unwrapping it as you go

I love this place:thumb: I cook and eat better because of you all(ya'll).

Beautiful Sammie Bluey and thanks for the directions. I'd never survive without them.

Bob, good looking combo and gorgeous as always.

Back