Thread: Foil Hat Rub
View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #24
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty! View Post
Thank you for posting your rub recipe. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. As someone new to bbq, I really appreciate all the help I can get. I checked out Midnight Smoke's thread and it didn't look like he used any sauce on his chicken. Do you recommend this rub on chicken without a sauce?
Foil Hat is my go-to general purpose rub. If Chris tries to convince you something is better, don't believe him. It does bring out different flavors on different meats. I love it straight up on pork, but will also sauce with it. I've also dressed it with or without Lawry's on steaks. I have not used it on chicken, but I normally marinate or sauce that, and when I use rub, I have some Moose #2 that I use. It also is very nice on grilled salmon (on smoked salmon I have other preferences). I do wonder though why the recipe I have lists chocolate chips as an ingredient.

This is a really great thing Chris is doing. He is trading a fortune in cash for a place in the BBQ Hall of Fame.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->