View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
Downtown Smokeout
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Yes, you can take the SFB off one and put it on another. I have the outlaw w/SFB and would not recommend adding it. With the chimney mod and a little work to seal the chamber better you will get better results out of inderect in the chamber. The metal is too thin and the slide out ash pan is almost impossible to seal good enough for accurate temperature control IMHO. I know there are people who disagree with me, and they will probably be along soon, but that's just my $.02. The grilling surface is large enough to do two racks of ribs with a charcoal basket and some bricks or whatever you want to use to partition it off with. If you want an offset without spending a lot, I would get the Smokin Pro or the other small model, I can't remember the name of it. That being said:

I added two thermos to my Outlaw, an inch above the grate, evenly space across the lid. They do show temps much closer to what my Maverick reads.

Here is the basket I made.

Weber Imperial Sequoia (restoration in progress)
Weber Platinum (The Green Lantern)
Weber OTS 22.5
Weber SJ
UDS (with more to come)
Cheapo gasser
Old Smokey ES (A gift, don't buy one)

Humble member of the Society for the Preservation of Authentic Royal Magical Rare Kaskaskian Peppers
Honor bound to protect, prepare, and serve
Downtown Smokeout is offline   Reply With Quote