View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedW View Post

The other issue is the pit probe. It's temperature limited at 570. No problem for smoking, but what if I want to monitor the grill as it comes up to temp for pizza etc?

Well I called Maverick today and they have a new probe coming online in June. Just swap oyt the old pit probe for the new one which will be much higher temp rated. How cool is that?
I have sent this over to my Competition Teammate who is the Operations Manager for Maverick for a better clarification.

From what I have been told, the June shipment is for spare probes. These are the same probes that come with the ET-732 no difference. Just like with the ET-73 you can put a extra food probe in the smoker jack and now have a thermometer with two food probes.

Currently on the ET-732 Both probe wires are heat resistant to 716 F and the receiver displays barbecue temperature up to 572 F.

Ted do you know who you spoke with at Maverick?
The BBQ Equipment Store
www.bbqequipmentstore.com
Proud 2014 Sponsor of DegŁello BBQ, Christmas City BBQ, Astro Pigs and Drilling and Grilling
No Thermapen Here, I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100BBQ
500 Gal Stickburner - Backwoods Gator, Red Kamado Joe, Primo Oval XL, Maverick Competition Smoker CS-55 and Many Others
5-0 BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote