View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

The shipping is what will kill you. It can be more expensive than the charcoal itself sometimes. I ordered a few bags of lump online just to check them out, but there's no way I would do it on a regular basis. You can usually get some kind of decent lump or hardwood briquette wherever you are, it just takes a little looking sometimes. Wally World usually has Royal Oak, which most people, myself included, find to be just fine. I get it from DoItBest ship to store (no shipping cost).

There are a couple threads around here somewhere about making our own lump, which you may or may not want to check out.

Look in the Brethren Sales and Ventures forums and you'll see some mighty fine guys here who have businesses that sell bbq stuff & often have a discount for Brethren.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote