View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Zippylip
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum View Post
Looks good. I would recommend getting a scale and using bakers percents instead of volume..it makes a big difference..also, u can cold ferment the dough for up to a week if u like a more flavorful dough...although the longer the cold ferment, the less yeast u should use...nice looking pies
You're probably right on the scale recommendation, but I've been doing it this way for over 15 years & have just avoided it (lazy ), I enjoy the slight variations I get from time to time - plus I think after you know what you're looking for, it's pretty easy to get it right... I did fail to mention in the warm rise that adjustments will need to be made, the 1.5 cups of water & 4 cups of flour isn't absolute, sometimes minor adjustments will need to be made to get the right consistency. After some practice it comes together for most people. You're also right on the amount of yeast vs. time; my cold rise method works best for about 4 days, I've gone shorter & longer with it, but that's about as far as I'd go with it here... thanks, Marc
Zippylip is offline   Reply With Quote