View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #14
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

i forgot to include that in my post.. I do the pizza at 550-600. i used to cook pizza at 700+, but i do thin crust pies, and either the bottom would burn or the dough would cook to fast and the cheese wouldnt be melted enough.

now i do it in 2 stages.. I add a light coating of sauce to the crust and par cook it for a few ninutes, then add the rest of the sauce and the cheese.

my sauce is real simple. Saute 2 cloves garlic in oil, then add a 2 cans of cento crushed tomatoes, half teaspoon salt, half teaspoon black pepper, heaping tablespoon oregano and 2 tablespoons of dried onion flakes. Let it sit for about an hour or 2 at room temp. Thats enough for 5 or 6 16 inch pies or 3 22 inch pies.

another tip.. use panko bread crumbs under the pie, and also sprinkle some on the edge of the crust before u cook it.

After it comes out and is still hot, drizzle high quality olive oil on top(some of the ones infused with basil, or rosemary are really good on pizza).

Slice ribbons of fresh basil right off the leaves with a scissors and let it sit on the hot pie. The heat releases the oils and the smell is awesome.

egg pizza :: pizza! slideshow by bbqchef33 - Photobucket

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->