View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #7677
Knows what a fatty is.
smokindave74's Avatar
Join Date: 05-11-10
Location: Rochester, MN

Originally Posted by Stig View Post
Just do a search for food grade RTV silicone (RTV means room-temperature vulcanizing). RTV is commonly used for automotive gaskets, but I don't know if the parts store stuff is food-grade. A quick Google search came up with this

Even the non-food grade stuff seems pretty harmless. It is stable up to 450 F. If you are getting that hot on you intake pipes, you would have some scorched unedible meats anyway I think.
smokindave74 is offline   Reply With Quote