View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
mikeTRON
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Que View Post
I have two kids in high school soccer and band and so get an opportunity to grill burgers for events and to make booster money at the concession stand during football season. We use the frozen burgers and with 500 assume you are looking at the same. All I can tell you is those things make a ton of grease. The very best/low maintenance experience has been a rotisserie grill/smoker - something like:

http://www.heartlandcookers.com/

http://www.cadillaccookers.com/

The one we used was home made by one of the dad's - they work great - we were easily able to cook 4 to 6 hours with a load of charcoal (probably a double pack from Sam's). The next best thing was a big offset grill - just cooked in the main chamber and kept the cooked burgers warm in pans in the offset.

For soccer games, we are only cooking about 40 burgers and use just a small gas grill - you just have to go slow and not load it up too much. Once the grease catches fire, things get interesting.

Given the cost constraints of a big rotisserie (I do have the fever for one), I think your best bet would be the Sam's grill - it has multiple burners so you can create a few cool zones to move the burgers if the grease starts to flare up.

Hope this helps.
You and me both have a fever for a rotisserie!! I KNOW she would make her money back in an instant because she caters a LOT of outside events and the image of having such a quality smoker/grill on a trailer would bring her more $$. That being said I don't think I can convince her to step up to the plate for that kind of coin yet and she doesn't have a place to store the trailer. Trust me though, I try to think of as many reasons as to why she needs a *INSERT COOL GRILL/SMOKER* almost DAILY :)

Yeah she is getting another grill because the one she has is garbage and those greasy little patties you were speaking about DO create fires since the stupid grill has no place for the grease to go!! STUPID.

Seriously now I am going to go daydream about a rotisserie....
mikeTRON is offline   Reply With Quote