View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2005, 10:10 PM   #13
Chick'n Pig BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks brothers for the kind words.

Sorry,I should have messaged that I was going to Marshall for my first competition but to tell you the truth with work and trying to load up to go I had too much on my plate!. Thursday night I only got 3 hours of sleep.

For my first competition I am pretty happy with 24th. It ain't like cooking at home thats for sure and I did learn a lot. I thought our turn ins were pretty good and I was proud of them (but not my best). Things to improve on: My sauce was a litty too spicy, I tryed to cook too much ( 3 whole briskets, 6 butts, 9 slabs of ribs, 12 chicken breasts and 20 thighs and legs.) Check my internal temps better. Solidkick suggestions helped save my brisket!. and turn in sliced pork and more bark.

The weather was lousy but my Spicewine smoker was kickin'. The wind was blowing so hard that it was pushing the smoke through the smoker backwards so I had to turn my stack vents backwards so the wind couldn't blow in from the top.

Brothers I am ready to go again I had so much fun and My wife and son both loved it too. We were going to try and get in 4 competitions this year and I am already going through the Bull Sheet to try and find more that we can go to . Thanks for all of your help
(I'M HOOKED)
Skip :D
Chick'n Pig BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote