View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #58
Cook
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybadger View Post
I can tell you this much, most of the plans in place are NEVER enforced, at least in any of the franchise/corporate stores I was involved in.
In my current life I am the GM of a fast-casual, regional restaurant chain. We have a HACCP plan in place and follow them to a "T". When our bi-yearly inspection comes around the inspector pulls our log books and checks the past six months...PAGE BY PAGE. If anything is not done, we lose inspection points. We check time/temp three times a day...every day. I know of some restaurants that do time/temp as much as five times a day. I'm not sure if things have changed in the industry since you've been out, but I can say in my company's franchise locations we do everything by the book and, as responsible managers, we make sure everything is done every single day.

This is my first experience with a chain-type restaurant. I've owned a couple of restaurants and been in the industry for a decade. I've learned as much in the past year as I did in the previous 10. I'm glad I landed in a spot where I can actually manage responsibly and learn "corporate standards" at the same time.
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote