View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
is One Chatty Farker

I heard powder coating would be expensive.Today I hit it with the VHT, and maybe a coat of the Rustoleum high heat which I found yesterday. Right now I'm trying to layer the paint over the rusted spots.

I painted the frame with black Rustoleum. Goofed a bit and painted most of it with Rustoleum Ultra (semi gloss finish) and the rest with regular Rustoleum BBQ paint, which looks flat. I ordered more of the Ultra to finish the cart.

The ash catcher bracket rusted out, but that is not a big deal. I think I can figure out a way to attach it to the bowl since the ash catcher is relatively ok.

The red Webers are no longer made, so ordering a replacment bowl (the easy solution) is not an option. I'm thinking about adding the Touch-N-Go propane lighter option as a mod, depending on what price Weber quotes me.

Below are pics of the bowl before painting today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bowl pre-paint 1.jpg (106.4 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg bowl pre-paint 2.jpg (84.5 KB, 186 views)
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote