View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #50
RICK Allen
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

We have been doing business in the same town in Canada, for the past 15 yrs. and in the food business for the past 27. One constantly has to reinvent them selves to try and keep business up, as for competition, I say the more the better, We were the first to bring BBq into our town now there is 4. We run a catering hot truck with our pit so we go to them. our daily sales are at 300 aday gross now when we had an economey they where a 1000, For the truck and pit it is a 130000.00 dollar investment, fuel is 100.00 aday, and then there is the fees, and maintenance on top, thank god special event time is nearing.I believe everyone here is only trying to give constructive advice, and are not worried about competition . At least once a day some one intimates what a lucrative business this must be, keeping up beat and friendly takes a lot of fortitude, with that said even if I was rich I would still do it, but then we break a few rules as, my wife is my partner and we don't have any employees, we are up at 4:30 every morning and finish at about 6;00, and are still together and civil to each other I would love to give you more figures than I already did, but with steady customers here you give credit or lose them to someone who will, the only way we have any handle on what we do is at tax time cause it flutuates so much. sorry for being long winded but like I said before if this is what you want to do.DO IT.