View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #94
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Why thank you sir, and I'm glad you liked it! You cooked/mixed it perfectly! That's
the colour we get. I like it; it's simple/easy to make, simple and easy to adjust as
you said if you want it with a little more kick. Yes, for more kick I'll sometimes add
a little more cayenne with a little ground chipotle or ground red jalapeno. I'm sure
the habanero fans would enjoy adding a little to make it a truly hot sauce...

I must admit, that it went well with brisket really surprised me and the whole team.
We had a sauce party about a year ago, started off with 16+- sauces. Going in to
this party we each had our suppositions. Afterwards, we talked about what we went
in to it thinking and how wrong we all were. More than anything else though, nobody
though this would work on brisket at all. We were very surprised.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Started competing in chili cookoffs back in the 1990's and have competed in more than I care to count. I became a CBJ in MiM in 2005, then MBN and in GBA in 2010. I've probably judged 130+- BBQ comps (sanctioned and unsanctioned) over this time. That said, I really enjoy competing more than I enjoy judging, and hope to get back to doing 4 or 5 a year in the near future.
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->