View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #19
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

To be honest if it wasn't for customers I'd almost be inclined to say go for it. But I'll be honest. You're taking a big risk cooking for that many customers not having much experience feeding that type of crowd.

I've seen some things like this go bad wrong. A couple of years ago I worked in the oil and gas business and our company had a safety meeting for a lot of the company men from these large oil and gas companies such as Petrohawk, Chesapeake, XTO etc. Well, the company was going to serve lunch and rather than calling a caterer who was established, known and been doing it for quite some time they hired one of their "buddies" who was "about to get into the catering business" to do it. The guy was going to serve chicken, sausage and brisket with sides.

Long story short. None of the food was ready on time or at the same time. The brisket was undercooked, chicken luke warm and the sausage was the best thing he had. You could tell the guy was in over his head and had no idea what he was doing with regard to preparing everything where the entire selection would be ready to serve at once.

Safe to say it was quite embarrassing for the company...

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling

Last edited by Bamabuzzard; 02-10-2011 at 03:05 PM..
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote