Thread: Pronucopia
View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #9
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

While both corn and flour torts can get soggy when making enchiladas, you can always sog proof the corn torts by giving them a quick fry in oil. After that, they maintain their texture pretty well. When the flour ones got soggy, they pretty much turned into raw dough again. Course, I could have held back on the red sauce, but that wouldn't be any fun now, would it? I'm just a big fan of stacked enchiladas using corn tortillas. Flour torts are still my favs for fried or toasted burritos and then drenched in sauce. I actually have an idea in mind where I'd like to try toasting the flour torts in a CI skillet till they get crispy and toasty. My grandmas made us a quick dessert by toasting the flour torts till they got super crispy. Then they drizzled honey over em, or spread butter on em and sprinkled brown sugar over it. My cousins and I later adapted the recipe to crispy torts and peanut butter. Good stuff!
Anyhow, I'd like to toast some up like that, maybe even wheat torts, and then make stacked enchiladas. Worth a try, I think.

Bob
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote