View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #7490
otterpop
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well I finished most of my 1st UDS build on Saturday and fired it up at 8 a.m. Superbowl Sunday to smoke some ribs and wings for the game. I guess I found out how little I know about smoking, when compared to grilling. I didn't really know what temperature I was hoping to stabilize at, but guessed at 275, and couldn't really nail it down. After 5 hours between 250 and 275, the flavors were great but the meat a bit dry and not moist enough. So I learned a lot, but need to learn more. What temp should I be targeting?

Here's a few pics of my project. Also, when it rained, I got sooty water dripping off the lid and onto the sides of the drum. It was an old Weber lid, maybe I need to clean the inside of the lid, or is it normal to get drips like that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rain drips 020711.jpg (84.6 KB, 977 views)
File Type: jpg pork spareribs 020711.jpg (78.4 KB, 2097 views)
File Type: jpg wings 020711.jpg (79.2 KB, 992 views)
[COLOR=black][B]WGA[/B][/COLOR], [I]OTP[/I], [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=seagreen]U[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=red][B][SIZE=3]S[/SIZE][/B][COLOR=black],[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red][I]Red Mastertouch[/I][COLOR=black], &[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=teal][B]Teal [/B]Thermapen[/COLOR]
otterpop is offline   Reply With Quote