View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
R2Egg2Q
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Brisket Flat - Not cooking a packer today!

I'm not sure why but I seem to have a lot of luck on my 3rd try on pretty much anything I BBQ. Tonight the same thing applied to a choice brisket flat. Up till now, I've had quite a bit of luck with whole packer briskets but had cooked up practically inedible flats in my first 2 tries of flats alone. Granted those tries came a couple of years ago on my electric smoker and I really didn't have a clue what I was doing (pre-Brethren and pre-Egg days).

Neverless, I decided it was time to redeem myself. That and I wanted brisket and didn't want to cook a packer brisket as I believe that cooking food that can be tied back to a sports team brings that team bad luck. Since I wanted Green Bay to win today, there was no way I was smoking a "Packer" today.

Enough with the chatter , here's some pron:

Although I was happy with the results, I'll be happy to return to whole packers as I miss having burnt ends.

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Mini BGE, Superior Smokers SS-Two, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Imperial Kamado, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; Stoker, Rocket Red Backlit Thermapen, custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->