View Single Post
Unread 01-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
R2Egg2Q
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelterrapin View Post
How about a little more information and pictures on your WOK srtup. I am not quite sure I understand all that I see....goes with the age.
Sure. The triangle hanger is a product made by The Ceramic Grill Store. Detailed info & purchasing info on it and the wok can be found here. The lump reducing ring I mentioned is also made by the same manufacturer but it isn't really needed for the cook (I was just saving lump).

The hanger hangs down from the fire ring to allow a wok or cast iron grid to be placed closer to the lump for really high heat. They make these hangers for the XL ("triangle hanger") and Large (called a "spider") Big Green Eggs.

The wok is their carbon steel wok. It seems pretty well built. It took me about an hour to clean off the smelly oil (probably machine oil) and season it over our gas range. I don't really have experience using a wok but my wife gave me some pointers and we both enjoyed the veggies!

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Mini BGE, Superior Smokers SS-Two, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Imperial Kamado, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; Stoker, Rocket Red Backlit Thermapen, custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!
R2Egg2Q is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->