View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #17
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrok2118 View Post
Yes its more work, but more work leads to more gratification.

So what say ye brethren? Save up for a lang 60, or get a pellet (I like the GMC and the new Yoder) and maybe something else, or save money for more meat! I also have given myself the goal to smoke a whole pig/hog. Cant do that on a pellet, unless I go with the whole hog CS smoker but Im not sure on the quality of the product for $2k.

No wonder I have not gone far in life, I could not disagree with your one comment more....

As far as Pellet units, I am a 100% Pellethead, so my rap is going to be so biased I will not boar you with it...

What I will say is, I have owned a CS WholeHog since 2007 Series I...You buy one today, you get Series IV, auger insted of paddlewheel, reconfigured fire box, great heat control (little bit of a pellet hog, but not bad if you are mostly low n slow)...I love my WH, I can't imagine how much happier I would be with a 2011 Series IV...The quality is excellent and you have the versatility of two pits built in for competitions!

It will cook a 150lb Hog easy and will cook for 50 in a blink of an eye!
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote