• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Pick the 4th Ingredient" Throwdown!

Ok, here we go, My Thai Chicken Pie. Full thread here...

Chicken on the BS Keg:

IMG_0327.jpg

Chopped and present with other requisite ingredients:

IMG_0332.jpg

After spending some more time on the grill:

IMG_0343.jpg

On a plate, ready to consume:

IMG_0350.jpg

I have one of those pictures with fingers and a bite removed (from the pie, not the finger) but my hand aren't as photogenic as BBQ Grail's so I'm not going to show it here. Use that last shot for my entry.

oh fark. Like aways, I see an entry (in this case it was Larry's) and think that this is a done deal and no one else need enter, then along comes another entry and it starts all over... This is going to be a tougher challenge than I thought.

Simply put, outstanding Paul. Even if you did steal a couple of my ideas. Are you channeling Larry?:thumb::thumb:

This is what happens when others swipe my ideas and post first. I'm forced to be more creative and come up with something different. Trust me when I say I really wanted to make a pizza. :becky:

oh fark. Like aways, I see an entry (in this case it was Larry's) and think that this is a done deal and no one else need enter, then along comes another entry and it starts all over... This is going to be a tougher challenge than I thought.

Never, ever think that these things are decided. I don't know how many times I've seen a great entry and everyone responds to it fabulously, but when it comes time for the voting, it just doesn't do well and something that was almost ignored wins.

The entries for this have been very interesting and unique, and I'm really curious to see what will happen. I don't think it's decided by any stretch though and I don't think there is a favorite, not even Larry's. The reason is that he made what I would classify as a dessert and usually desserts do not score well when put up against entrees. I remember Shiz once entered the most delicious cheesecake I ever saw (except for my wife's) and got just a few votes. There are a lot of carnivores on this site who would rather have a hunk of meat than a fancy dessert and they vote that way. Don't think it's over. The voting is almost always a surprise. Despite all our whining and complaining, this is a great throwdown, and it's only just getting going. I want to see more, please!

I have to say, if there is any flaw with Larry's entry, it is the hunks of 'meat' he used. :becky:

Sorry, that's why I entered early.:tongue: If someone beat me to it, though, I was going to go in this direction...Yours looks awesome, though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BarbecueWeb#p/u/14/w39j0IuXQ78

And it looked good enough to persuade me to do something else. Even if mine had turned out as good, we likely would have split the pizza votes. :becky:

Hey Zydecopaws! Who did you get to take your pictures?

Amazing what happens when you get a new camera for Christmas and then spend some time learning to use it. Oh, and using Gore's recommendation and taking LOTS of pictures from all angles... :heh:

Never, ever think that these things are decided. I don't know how many times I've seen a great entry and everyone responds to it fabulously, but when it comes time for the voting, it just doesn't do well and something that was almost ignored wins.

The entries for this have been very interesting and unique, and I'm really curious to see what will happen. I don't think it's decided by any stretch though and I don't think there is a favorite, not even Larry's. The reason is that he made what I would classify as a dessert and usually desserts do not score well when put up against entrees. I remember Shiz once entered the most delicious cheesecake I ever saw (except for my wife's) and got just a few votes. There are a lot of carnivores on this site who would rather have a hunk of meat than a fancy dessert and they vote that way. Don't think it's over. The voting is almost always a surprise. Despite all our whining and complaining, this is a great throwdown, and it's only just getting going. I want to see more, please!

If you're entering these things because you WANT to win you're screwed from the very start. You've got to do these Throwdowns because it's a fun challenge.

Do I think I came up with an amazing idea? You bet I do. Do I think I'm going to win? Nope, I don't. It was about coming up with flavors and ideas and challenging myself.

Give it a try...

If you're entering these things because you WANT to win you're screwed from the very start. You've got to do these Throwdowns because it's a fun challenge.

Do I think I came up with an amazing idea? You bet I do. Do I think I'm going to win? Nope, I don't. It was about coming up with flavors and ideas and challenging myself.

Give it a try...

Couldn't have said this better. I probably would have given up entering in these a long time ago if I was really serious about winning (because I haven't even come close). It's all about the fun and stretching yourself.

Give it a try...

Couldn't have said this better. I probably would have given up entering in these a long time ago if I was really serious about winning (because I haven't even come close). It's all about the fun and stretching yourself.

Exactly, and the both of you have submitted entries that I would have thought would win, and I was very surprised one of my wins even got a vote (I liked the entry but there were so many better choices that TD IMO). I never think about winning. Not the point. I like having my imagination stretched, especially when I have to re-think an idea when someone beats me to a post. Which both these gentlemen have done BTW.

Is this where I am supposed to apologize because I want to win? Just checking.....

Back