Competition: Who has the best BBQ Sauce.
I thought I would put up a post that would be an interesting idea and something I have not seen done before.
I am sacrificing my taste buds to find out who has the best sauce on the forums!
First, a bit of a disclaimer to answer some of the inherent objections or questions to come:
* Tasting sauces obviously is VERY subjective - everyone has their own individual likes and dislikes, ingredients they tend not to use for flavour or other reasons, tolerance of heat (spicy) levels, salt sensitivity, like or dislike of sweetness etc. As such, there is no doubt that my personal biases will play a role here, but I can promise you this much: I will try every recipe exactly as stated and keep an open mind, even if the recipe contains ingredients I would not normally use or think would work well.
* Recipes must be your own, or if you obtained them from another source (e.g. a book, an Internet site, a friend etc), you must specify that you obtained the recipe from elsewhere and if you have modified it.
* PLEASE NO RECIPES THAT YOU HAVE NOT TRIED. I see so many posts where someone requests a sauce, and the result is invariably a post with generic BBQ sauces copied and pasted from a site, or a link to another site containing a collection of 10000000 barbecue sauces.
* This will cause some contention, but I am looking for the best all purpose BBQ sauce. I will TRY and have the sauces with a variety of meats (primarily beef, pork and chicken), but I cannot guarantee that I will be able to try every sauce with all permutations of meat types. They should work well with a number of meats.
* I will do my best to provide comments on each sauce in areas of taste, appearance, procedure required to make them, and versatility. I will also do my best to provide photos of each stage of making the recipes.
* Sauces will be tested in the order I receive them or they are posted.
* I will run this on a number of BBQ boards, so this will be quite a task, and I hope to find some interesting differences between them.
So without further ado, I request you to submit your best sauces for my examination! ;)
What do you get for winning? Acknowledgment of having the best sauce (as judged by me) on these (and possibly other) forums as well as making a big contribution to the BBQ scene by providing an excellent sauce for people to enjoy their BBQ with.
Good luck to all, and I hope to come out of this with some amazing sauces that I can recommend to other members.
- p.s. if you are worried about "revealing" your special sauce, this competition is probably not for you as I will be posting the winning sauce. You can however submit them via PM if you wish.
Last edited by BBQchef33; 01-27-2011 at 02:23 AM..