View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #12
MilitantSquatter

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench_H View Post
This is going to sound like I am being a jerk, but I swear to you I'm not, rather just asking an honest question. Why would anyone pay $750 for a BBQ class? Is this price pretty normal for similar classes?
reasonable question for sure.

It's certainly easier to justify a class of this type if your primary reason for attending is improvement of your competition performance which many of the higher $ classes are geared toward.. Some of the info a comp class provides may not feel of value if you don't compete (Ex.. a backyard guy doesn't need tips on laying greens in a styrofoam box, shaping chicken thighs etc) If you're a backyard guy, the class may still provide enjoyment and learnings if you're going for an overall experience and hope to get some tips or questions answered.... but the $$ become a bit harder to swallow and you can probably learn much/more here on multiple cooking techniques and/or allocate $ to some books or additional BBQ tools/gadgets etc.

Thanks from:--->