Thread: Yoder Smokers
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
brewman114
Full Fledged Farker

I would recommend my Midnight Smokers, but I am a little Biased. Yoders are made here in KS and my cousin knows the family that owns the company. I have owned one and its not a bad smoker at all. BUT, air flow is a bit of an issue, at least with the one I had. When I went through the design process of mine I tried to resolve that issue that curses most offsets. Like I said they do build a quality smoker (but so do I). Enough with the sales pitch. I think you would be happy with a Yoder just depending on what you want out of your grill. Every smoker/grill has its own quirks and you just have to learn to use the one you own, they all work a little different. Talk of pellet in this thread? Are you in the market for a pellet or a stick burner, just wondering. I would always recommend stick burners, but it depends on your preference. I am actually in the process of designing a pellet myself even though I would probably always choose a stick burner over the pellet. Pellet smokers are awesome for the ease of use but I feel it takes a lot of the fun out of it. And stick burners make better food in my opinion.
brewman114 is offline   Reply With Quote