Thread: Yoder Smokers
View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Dog BBQ View Post
I didn't take the grates off to look underneath.
I did

They are very well built with a heavy body and lid. As Rod said, the grates are heavy expanded steel. Under the grates is a deflector plate that runs the length and width of the box. Under that the bowl of the box has the firepot on the left side and a baffle in the middle. The baffle was added recently to help with heat distribution and also help achieve higher temps for grilling. There is a grease drain opposite the fire box and a hook underneath to hang a bucket to catch the grease.

The pellet hopper holds 18 lbs of pellets and the pellet hopper lid overlaps the box all the way around so it should stay dry in wet weather.

Overall i was impressed. The smaller unit (480 sq. inches) weighs around 230 lbs and the bigger one (640 sq. inches) weighs over 300 lbs.

Sunday, 8/10/2014 Brethren Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :)

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->